Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad accelerates efforts to reopen probe into 1MDB even as shakeup of government administration continues at breakneck speed.
● To trim ‘excess fat’, services of up to 17,000 political appointees will be terminated soon
● First phase of government formation with 10 ministers should be announced this week
● Misdeeds at the sovereign fund larger than publicly known
● Malaysia to contact countries where 1MDB funds believed to be held in bid to recover billions that the previous government refused to acknowledge as belonging to the state investment fi rm and related entities
● Investigations into 1MDB chairman Tan Sri Irwan Serigar Abdullah’s role in scandal will be done according to procedure